Common Eligibility Test (CET) has published an Advertisement for below mentioned Posts 2018. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below.
Common Eligibility Test (CET) Latest Bharti Detail:
Name Of Organization: Common Eligibility Test (CET)
According to the latest report, an article published in ‘Amar Ujala’ states that the first CET or Common Eligibility Test for Banking, SSC & Railways exams will be conducted in February 2019. If you qualify this CET then you will be directly eligible for the 2nd stage of all these exams & the validity of this CET score will be 2 years. CET aims at saving the resources that are invested in conducting multiple exams every year. Check below for more details
Rajya Sabha Report on CET – Highlights
Through this CET, the whole system would be revamped in two stages, i.e.
Tier-I i.e. a Common Eligibility Screening Test (Preliminary Test): Common Eligibility for all recruiting agencies i.e SSC, Railways, Banking, etc
Tier-II i.e. the main examinations to be conducted independently by the concerned recruiting agencies.
The CET will be divided into 3 levels:
- Higher Secondary
The Graduation Level CET will be conducted in February 2019 which will be followed by the other two levels in successive years.
The govt. has proposed to include only those exams in CET which are bilingual i.e English & Hindi.
- For this CET, candidates have to register themselves on National Career Services (NCS) portal which will generate a unique user ID for each candidate.
The government has estimated the registration of around 5 crores candidates for all of the above CET levels.
- The government proposed to conduct CET of only those exams which are conducted in only 2 languages i.e English & Hindi. This is why, in February 2019, CET of only graduation level will be conducted. Other CET level exams will be conducted when commission acquires the necessary capability to conduct exam in the 8th schedule languages.
- The government has also proposed two years’ validity of CET scores. This CET score will help candidates to appear for Tier II examinations which would be conducted independently by the respective recruiting agencies like SSC, Banking, Railways etc.
- There may be a scope that the CET score can be used by State Government/ PSUs/ Private sectors for the recruitment of manpower.
- This CET will be conducted by SSC and SSC’s stature should be given autonomy at par with the UPSC (recommended by the committee under the chairmanship of Shri I.M.G Khan).
- Please note that this proposal is for the year 2019. SSC 2018 exams are likely to be held as per the calendar issued by the commission.
We have provided the above information from the report no. 95 of Rajya Sabha. You can read the detailed information regarding CET from page no. 30 to 34.
Rajya Sabha Full Report on CET: Click Here
Advantages of CET
- CET will reduce the number of examinations conducted by the various agencies of the government and save the important money spent by various recruitment agencies to organize these examinations.
- One can select out of several competition levels to regard his needs and intellectual level in order to give his best output.
The CET Score will be valid for 2 years. This score will help aspirants to appear for Tier II examinations which would be conducted independently by the respective recruiting agencies like SSC, Bank, Railway and other exams.
Disadvantages of CET:
- It would be a huge drawback for the candidates preparing for Public Service Commission Examinations in Regional Languages. Because s per the committee Government will be conducting the CET only in English and Hindi medium. CET Exam will not be conducted in regional languages.
- According to the estimation, around 5 crores candidates might be registering for all of the above CET level exams. This would increase the competition level to the next level.
- NOTE: In February 2019, CET – Graduation Level Exam will only be conducted. Other CET level exams will be conducted when commission acquires the necessary capability to conduct exam in the 8th schedule languages.